After the Public call for strengthening the local artistic scene, funds were allocated for 42 projects that will be implemented in Novi Sad in the following period.
Within the Public call, which is part of the ‘Artists. Now!’ project, 141 applications were submitted, and members of the selection juries Marko Miletić, Tadija Janičić, Bojan Milosavljević, Stanislav Drča and Vladimir Gvozden, were satisfied with the response and quality of applications, which is an indicator that the artistic scene strives for such opportunities and that Novi Sad artists are both creative and innovative.
The selected projects present a palette of different fields of art, including performing arts, fine art, applied art, visual art, design and architecture, programmes related to film and audio-visual art, as well as digital art and multimedia.
The selection jury also shared the impressions and comments related to their applications with selected artists, by stressing the importance of feedback, which will be useful for their future application for local and European artistic calls, and that is one of the ways to raise capacities of local scene.
Funds were allocated for the following 42 projects:
- Efemerni prostori Efemera kolektiva (Efemera Collective)
- Analogoidi protiv Digitalmena – film workshop (Mafin production of audio – visual products)
- Ka drugom – the art of the invisible (Association of Citizens ‘Patria’)
- Maradok maradni (Emina Elor)
- Bunker fest (Creative Workshop Bunker)
- Pokretnica – festival of contemporary dance and performance (Association Praktikabl – platform for contemporary art and culture)
- Skulptura – pictogram ‘Roda’ / permanent exhibition (Damir Malešev)
- Kontekst Savremene (Multimedia Centre Led Art)
- Omladinski kantautorski festival 2020 (Guitarists Association of Vojvodina)
- Plafon 100/2/2 (Association ‘HMM…’)
- Horska digitalna riznica (Choir ‘Sveti Stefan Dečanski’)
- Mrtvi kapital, making first documentary (Ivana Janošev)
- #seNiorStakeover (Cultural Corner ‘Negovanje tradicija u Vojvodini’)
- Muzika od Iskona (Group Iskon)
- Camp of contemporary circus for children (Association Kreativni Pogon)
- Interactive music workshops for children (Žarko Sebić)
- Recycled sculpture (Art School of Vojvodina)
- Sexuality of the invisible: film and reality (K.A.O. Parnas)
- Oboa Fest (Association Art Tempo)
- Global Dances Novi Sad (Fedor Ruškuc)
- Love Hunters for Novi Sad (Milan Mumin pr, performing art and music education Mumin Music Novi Sad)
- Stories from workshop (Agency for audio and visual production Cammedia, Bojan Đurišić – entrepreneur)
- Bogdan Ranković and rebranding of Serboplov (Association of Citizens Euphonia)
- Hrabra obućarka Mili (Association Kreativni pogon)
- Saša Filipović – Omaž umetniku (Eustahija)
- Knjiške večeri Milana Mumina (Zlata Mikija)
- Savremena slika u keramici (Gabrijela Sigeti)
- Dani barokne muzike u Novom Sadu (Vojvodinian Early Music Association)
- Artistic performance ‘Omaja’ (Centre for development of circus art ‘Ludifico’)
- Tri karte za operu (Troupe ‘Drž Ne Daj’)
- Saksofonom kroz muzičke epohe (Srđan Paunović)
- O Dorijanu Greju ili o Ejdžizmu (Creative-education centre Artbox)
- Ludvig i Žanet (Ljiljana Lišković)
- Autonomni identiteti – interactive fine art multimedia project (Izabela Mašić)
- Biciklaža. Sad! (Association NOA KUF)
- Making a music video by Killo Killo Banda (U.G. Artkor)
- Drži me za ruku (Dušan Savković)
- U zemlji dudova (Dragana Kojičić)
- Josip Slavenski (Igor Havran)
- Umetnici silicijumskog doba: Zona 021 (Obnovljena Zjednica)
- Od Prve Evrope do 2021 (Ljubomir Nikolić)
- Soundcracks (Ruthenian Cultural Centre).
The Public call, which lasted for a month, was opened for legal and natural persons who work in the field of art and culture and who live on the territory of the City of Novi Sad and ‘Zone 021’.
The selected programmes will be implemented in the following period, in accordance with the pandemic situation, adhering to the measures in order to prevent spreading of the COVID-19 virus.
The ‘Novi Sad – European Capital of Culture’ Foundation would like to thank all artists, cultural managers, associations, and organisation who responded to the Public call.
The aim of the ‘Artists. Now!’ project is to strengthen Novi Sad cultural scene through the network of cultural stations, raising its capacities, decentralisation of culture and audience development.
Partner in the project ‘Artists. Now!’ is the Merkator S company.