The aim of the public call in the field of publishing and translation is to implement more literary programmes, strengthening and increasing the capacity of the Novi Sad literary scene and translation of publications by local authors, in bilingual and anthology editions. The call is opened today, on 5 March, as part of the ‘Novi Sad 2021 – European the capital of culture’ project.
The subject of the public call is publishing and translation, with special emphasis on publications – books, magazines and other publications in the territory of Novi Sad and Zone 021 (Sremski Karlovci, Irig and Beočin).
Applicants can apply for co-financing
– copyrights for books and magazines
– preparation costs (design, purchase of copyright for illustrative material, costs of original texts, translations, etc.)
– printing costs (books, magazines, booklets, supporting and promotional material)
The call is open to:
– scientific and cultural institutions founded by the Republic of Serbia, the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina or a local self-government unit, i.e., legal entities that provide the means to carry out their activities and achieve their goals from the above-mentioned sources.
– other legal entities registered for performing activities in the field of culture and publishing, based in Novi Sad and the so-called Zone 021.
The projects applying for the call must be in line with the programme concept and ‘4 New Bridges’ artistic vision of the ‘Novi Sad 2021 – European Capital of Culture’ Foundation.
The deadline for submitting applications and accompanying documentation is 5 April 2020.
The applicant can submit a maximum of 3 project proposals.
You can find detailed information about the call, application method and application forms here.
Funds for the implementation of this call are provided in the Financial Plan of the ‘Novi Sad 2021’ Foundation in the full amount of RSD 10.000.000,00.
The amount of an individual grant per applicant is up to a maximum of RSD 700.000,00.