The ‘Novi Sad 2021’ Foundation, within the Plants AiR residential programme for artists and cultural workers, and in cooperation with the KAIR organisation from Košice (Slovakia), and supported by the Slovak Arts Council, publishes
for the selection of visual artist who will be sent to artistic residential programme in Košice (Slovakia) that will last approximately two months in the period from 1 May to 30 June 2018.
The candidates should meet the following criteria:
- They are of legal age and are nationals of the Republic of Serbia;
- Their place of residence is on the territory of Novi Sad or partner municipalities from the Zone 021 (Sremski Karlovci, Beočin, Irig);
- They are actively pursuing visual art;
- They speak English fluently;
- They have not been previously selected for the residential programmes organised by the Foundation.
All potential candidates should send the following documents:
- CV in English where they state their experience in art work, the most important exhibitions, collaborations, previous residences and similar experience;
- Motivational letter in English where they explain reasons for applying to the call and confirm that they meet the conditions of the call;
- Confirmation on their knowledge of English;
- Copy of the ID card in order to prove the place of residence.
It is necessary to send the above mentioned documents to the following e-mail: email@example.com indicating ‘Residential programme Košice I’ no later than 14 March 2018 at midnight.
Candidates will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Previous art work in the field of visual art;
- Knowledge of English;
- Participation in international cultural-artistic programmes (list in the CV).
Potential candidates should be open to work with local artists and willing to work on the site-specific project reflecting the environment of the city.
The following is covered for the selected resident: travel costs, accommodation and honorarium/per diem.
Residence will last from 1 May to 30 June 2018. Responsibilities of the resident during the residence, as well as the concept of the residence, will be arranged together with the host organisation.
For additional questions related to the call, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find the Decision of the Managing Board on participation in the open call (in Serbian) here.
You can find the Decision of the Managing Board on establishing the selection jury (in Serbian) here.